Wednesday, December 31, 2008

X-mas Fun

Yet another x-mas has come and gone, and thankfully the music has gone with it. I think that christmas music should be banned unless its on like a christmas only station then you can activly avoid listening to it.
We all headed up to the grandparents for the big day. Somewhere around 30-35 for dinner i think. Dad cooked some stellar prime rib and g-ma made some splendiferous ham and spuds. Mom made choc cream pies that were stellar as well.
After peeling about 25 lbs of spuds for g-ma, a big group of us went down to the resivoir to do a little ice skating. Grandpa had cleared off the ice for us so it was all ready to go. I am very proud to say that I have now officially gone ice skating and I didnt fall down at all!! how totally amazing is that! I was pretty stoked, let me tell you. We played a bit of crack the whip and throwing people around on a sled was also pretty fun. But you know what they say, its all fun and games til somebody gets hurt. Yup, you guessed it. A 3 person pile up resulted in Amy's finger getting on the sharp end of a skate and cut it pretty deep. That ended the skating for that day. Up to the house we all trapsed where we had a nurse and almost nurse (Brenda and Mom) on duty to clean and dress said cut. No trips to the hospital were needed and life proceded to go on as usual.
Thats really all the excitment there was to be honest. At least thats all i can think of at the moment. so bye til the next holiday!

(Oh wait that would be new years eve and that would also be tonight.... dont expect a blog from that one :P)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the mashed potatoes were compliments of Uncle Marv.