Well we made it down to California and back with out too much trouble. The trip down was a little interesting though.
Sis, Rob and I took Rob's pickup and headed out wednesday afternoon for salt lake city to pick up chantal. I took up the whole back seat and we were putting along all fine and dandy til about Idaho Falls. Sis had come to the back seat to watch a movie with me and next thing we knew, Rob was turning around saying "you both have your seatbelts on right?" we both said ya, why and he said that we were driving into a very bad total white out blizzard. Sis and i didnt really say anything for the next 3 hours it took to drive through it. Rob later said it was one of the worst storms hes had to drive through. I thanked him a lot for not telling us that at the time. :) Made it to Salt lake about 2am and slept at Chantals place and left for CA the next morning. Needless to say the weather was AMAZING!!!! T-shirts and flip flops all the way.
Didnt do much friday, hand G-ma T and G-ma Van over for dinner along with Dad and great aunt Shirley
A few of us went down to sunsplash and met Kyla and Mark for a game of laser tag and mini golf. Chantal is the only person i know of that can loose not just the ball but the club as well. lol it might have had something to do with her letting go as she was swinging it but still. It takes talent i do admit.
Saturday was the anniversary party for the Grand folks, the whole reason for going to CA in the first place. It was amazing weather, about 75 degrees and sunny. And of course, i got the worst sunburn of everyone. I seem to be good at doing that. It sorta blistered and hurt but its goin away. I also managed to get bronchitis or somehting of the sort so the trip home was rather miserable. I had to get a new phone cause my old one just rather quit working on me and its my only connection to the outside world. so hey if you want to send me ur phone numbers that would be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment