Since I am no longer moving every 3-5 months its not really about my moving escapades any more. Now its all about staying in one place ( I know its a crazy concept but it just may work!)
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
New Beginning... again
Calvin and Hobbes tells us to "Go do something you hate, being miserable builds character" (said by Calvin while mocking his dad) However, after deep consideration I decided that I have more than enough character and there is no need to be miserable at a job any longer. I have spent enough time at jobs I dont like or hated and heck, I can make minimum wage anywhere and be happier. So tomorrow I am giving my 2 weeks notice, and going back to the temp agency that I worked at about a year ago. I went and talked to them yesterday and they were happy that I was thinkin about coming back to them and they were pretty sure I could get at least as many hours as I am now and probably more come spring when companies start wanting long term help- 2 or 3 months at a time. I am going to try to get my butt in gear and start applying at small bakeries where I can do what I want to do. Decorate cakes. I am going to take a caligraphy class and some flower making classes at Michaels while I am doing other stuff. Im a tad nervous about having to talk to my bakery manager but I kinda have my fingers crossed that she will be sick again tomorrow and I can talk to one of the store managers who is more easy going. Wish me luck :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment