Friday, September 26, 2014

Life after Facebook

Well a couple of my sisters and I decided to bid adieu to the time hole that is facebook.
 I figured maybe I could attempt to keep up with my blog this time around... maybe. Last time I posted was Sept 11 of last year.

Lets see what has happened lately that is note worthy. I got promoted to Customer Service Manager at Hobb Lobby a couple months ago. Its actually been a lot of fun and surprisingly less stressful than being a cashier. At first I wondered if that ment I wasnt doing it right but have come to the conclusion that only dealing with the few large problems each day rather than 50 petty issues is much easier to deal with. That combined with the fact that I know have the authority to fix those problems make my days enjoyable.
We have been very much short handed the last month or so, we had a total of 10 people quit or transfer to another store and only 3 new people hired. This means that everyone is doing 2 or 3 jobs to pick up the slack. I am trying to get into a full time position however that means I would be in a department rather than being a CSM all the time. I think it would be a fun change but mainly I'm interested in the jump in hours (and pay )

Our dog Nikki is doin great, she is gonna be 2 years old next week. My friends laugh at me but we do dog playdates with one of her friends who is a lab/rot/pit mix about 1.5 years old or so.
This is usually how they end up after a day of playing. (Nikki is the black one, Shasta is the brown)
 They both know each others names and Shasta will say Yes! if you ask if she wants to see Nikki. 
Nikki just runs in circles prefering the more silent and dignifed approch to excitement. 

I decided to pick up a new hobby. Ive been lookin into it for about 8 months now but finally got the beginnings of what I need. 
It is pretty much the awesomest thing ever! Oddly enough I am right handed when it comes to archery. I guess it has to do with eye dominance or something. Im not a horrible shot but I havent gotten to do much shooting yet since fall has come and since its Washington that means rain. We are gonna clear out a space in the garage so i can shoot from inside out into a target in the driveway. Im super excited about it. 


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Cool hobby! And congrats on the promotion, too. Life !UST be looking pretty good from where you're standing:-)