Wednesday, October 1, 2014

How Topics wander

Now if you are one of the men that has married into the family you have probably noticed that my sisters and I are very good at starting on one subject- say cooking- and end up on something totally unrelated- buying shoes, or something of the sort.
Poor Will has had to try and put up with my leaps on many occasions and for the most part he deals with it well. I remember one day a while back we were driving somewhere and I had been quiet for a while (yes I know thats highly unusual for me) and I just turned to him and said  "you're 38 now" He got a weird look on his face and said "um ya... what made you think of that?" Now even at the best of times my thought processes are something like a ball of twine that a cat has been playing with for 20 minutes. Theres no logic or rhyme and reason behind the process... at least not to the male brain. To me it makes perfect sense to go from thinking about the long drive to the book I'm reading to thinking about food and I wonder if I have any of that at home, to thinking about Minions, and then trying to remember what number I put on his cake the previous year before happily exclaiming Yep, you're 38.

The reason this came to mind just now is because I was reading some comments on a blog I follow on occasion and over the course of around 30 comments (probably 10 different people talking back and forth) the conversation went from proper verbage for guns to making fun of anti gun nuts (I was rooting for those comments) to contemplating the value of a live t-rex versus a dead one, and if a t-rex eats kittens and then someone then eats the t-rex does that make it sorta like a turducken?  It could be called a trexten. There was also talk about taking over Detroit with the t-rex but it was decided that its arms were too small. (Surprisingly a few of the commentors were of the male variety but I think it was a woman who got started on the t-rex thing)
Anywho I was just enjoying the random leaps of the mind that seem to occur on a fairly regular basis.

And while I'm thinking about it,  here is a giraffe in a tree

Say hi to Casper everyone :)

No comments: