Friday, October 24, 2014

Why is it...

That it is always so much easier to focus on the negative things that happen in life rather than the positive? Its not necessairly even that there is more bad than good we just seem to be better at remembering the bad. Is it caused by being a glutton for punishment and living through the bad once isnt enough? Is it so we can learn from it and avoid similar situations in the future?
If its the latter then wouldnt it make more sense to focus on the good so we can learn from that and try to have more good in the future rather than just avoiding the bad?
And why- when it make so much sense when I am writting it- do I have so much trouble when I go to put these same thoughts into actions.

Its often said that bad comes in threes and that does seem to be the case often but Good often does the same. In the last 2 weeks I have had some really wonderful things go on (3 of them in fact) and just a bunch of petty little things for annoyances. I keep getting worked up over the petty stuff and not spending enough time appreciating the happy so I am going to attempt to put things in perspective for myself.

My awesome bf bought me roses for my birthday yesterday. He had them waiting in a vase when I got home from work. Its really awesome because he is allergic to most flowers but he wanted it to be special for me. We went to dinner last Sunday for my birthday and he was so awesome he DIDNT make them sing to me :)
I ended up going in to work on my day off which also happened to be my b-day and when my co workers found out they all came up and sang happy birthday to me as I was leaving. I was bright red by the end of it but I felt very loved. I havent really worked anywhere before where the whole crew would do that. I may gripe about being the center of attention but it was still nice.

I already posted about my promotion so I wont get into that again but that was one of the 3 goods in the last couple weeks. (It has been a major adjustment going back to working 40 hrs a week as opposed to 23 ish)
The final major good is that we are going to be moving! We got the call today that our rental application was approved and we can sign papers next friday and start moving in. It will be really nice being able to start with basically a blank canvas and make it our own.
         (For those of you who want it you can get ahold of me for the new address)
I've heard that even if you dont feel like smiling you should make yourself smile and before long you wont have to work at it any more. So I hereby charge me and whoever is reading to think of 2 good things every day and when you feel gloomy... (in the words of Ronald McDonald ) Put a smile on, put a smile on, everybody come on, put a smile on!

No comments: